2-3 medium sized, very ripe bananas
2 large eggs
1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon coconut or vanilla extract
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons wheat germ
1/4 cup dry, flaked sweetened coconut (optional but highly recommended!)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F, and grease a 12 welled muffin pan. Place paper liners in each muffin spot after greasing.
2. Peel and slice the bananas. Add to mixing bowl along with the eggs, melted butter, olive oil, extract, sugar and salt. Combine until smooth.
3. Add baking powder and baking soda to the mixing bowl.
4. Turn the mixer on a lower setting and add flour 1 tablespoon at a time. Mix in the wheat flour and wheat germ until smooth.
5. Fill each muffin cup 3/4 of the way. Top each muffin cup with approximately 1 teaspoon of coconut (Tip: Press the coconut lightly in to the batter).
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in to the muffin.